Why Join AAF Asheville?
Local Chapter Member Benefits
Professional Growth and Development
Curiosity and an almost magnetic pull toward the new play significant roles in what makes us successful in this industry. Continuous learning is critical in our profession. Our seminar speakers and other special events teach us new things, keep us up-to-date on industry practices and refreshes our memories about things we used to know.
It’s a proven fact: the more you talk and exchange ideas with your colleagues, the more creative you will be. Come to our monthly Connect meetings to meet up with your colleagues and allied professionals in a relaxed social setting. AAF-Asheville Connect is THE place to participate in the free exchange of ideas and networking opportunities.
Want to stand out in the advertising industry in WNC? Serve on a committee, become a committee chair, consider joining the Board of Directors, or start your own initiative with help from other members. Be recognized as an innovator and leader in the industry. There are also great opportunities to serve at the district level. All of these activities develop industry leaders. Are you one? Get involved and find out.
Have your best creative work recognized each year by your peers. The American Advertising Awards are our industry’s Oscars, and our local American Advertising Awards competition each February will showcase WNC’s best and brightest. Winners will proceed to the regional competition, with the chance to go to national.
AAF National Member Benefits
As a member of AAF Asheville you are also a member of the national AAF, and receive the following benefits:
• Discounts on American Advertising Award entry fees
• AAF member discounts: For more details, visit aaf.org
• AAF Job Bank: Discounted rate to use this job bank that is part of the Marketing Career Network
• AAF SmartBrief: Free opt-in e-mail news service
• AdCases.com: 15% discount on all items in their online store
• ADWEEK: Six free trial issues and considerably discounted subscription price
• Advertising Age: Save 25% on your subscription
• AAF VISA credit card: No annual fee; earn 1 point for every $1 in purchases
• WorldPoints(sm): Travel, merchandise, and unlimited cash rewards
• The Award Group: Official awards company of the AAF
• BRANDWEEK: Six free issues with no further obligation
• BusinessWire: Cost-saving pricing options for electronic full-text news releases delivered directly to editorial desktops in newsrooms worldwide
• Cobalt Web Hosting: 10% discount on shared web hosting
• FedEx: Save up to 20% on select FedEx Express® services; save up to 12% on select FedEx Ground® services; save up to 13% on select FedEx Express® International services
• Hertz: Up to a 20% discount at participating locations
• MagnetMail: 10% discount on MagnetMail services
• MEDIAWEEK: Six free issues
• MIMS International PROINSURE: Professional liability insurance
• Mutual of Omaha Insurance: Most disability, life and business overhead expense plans feature reduced premiums
• The New York Times: Save 25% on the cost of home or office delivery for a full year
• Premiere Global Services: Significant saving to members on conferencing and other virtual meeting solutions
• WideEyed.com: AAF members receive a $20 rebate for any site’s annual website and e-mail hosting services